Tuesday 13 December 2011

My Printed Products.

After deciding what company to make for my printed products. I came up with a confectionary establishment called Amber Sweets. I have explained in various documents and a Powerpoint presentation of what my company is about.
Amber Sweets is my company which sells confectionary but it has an alternative edge to my products. I decided on this idea as I thought it was very original and I could be very creative when designing my products.

To begin with I have designed my company logo, this took me a few attempts but I finally got the right logo I was looking for. I carried out research in to sweet designs, and what sweet shops initially have their design styles. I noticed that a majority had stripes, taking this in to consideration I thought it would be benefitial for me to put this onto my logo design. I added stripes within the font of my logo, but added a gothic style font with black and pink colours to keep the alternative theme of my logo. I also added a heart to the M of Amber to make it look cute and have a slight feminine quality to my logo, though it also has a grunge look to it as well as the heart shape splatters.
I was very happy with the outcome of my logo and felt that I would be able to work with it easily when putting it on my products.

I firstly began working on my packaging product, which is intended for cupcakes. I researched in to different templates before finding the suitable template for my design, the template for my packaging was a slotted disc-top carton with a crashlock base. The top had a "clover leaf" design which I though looked very cute. When designing on the template I used soft pink and white stripes along the box to bring out the sweet shop effect. I also added black lace around some of the edges to bring an elegant yet slight grunge effect to my package. I added the logo along with a curved-like border to make it stand out better and to make it easily reconisable.  

No comments:

Post a Comment